Now, let's talk sloppy joes! If you didn't grow up on these loose meat sandwiches, you may not have grown up in the Midwest. Sloppy Joe's is a hearty sandwich filled with ground beef, tomato sauce, and a blend of spices - perfect for feeding a hungry crowd. Our version takes the classic recipe and elevates it with some extra special ingredients.
Here's what you'll need for our mouth-watering sloppy joes:
- 1lb Creamery Creek dry-aged ground beef
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- brioche buns
- pickles, for serving (optional, but not optional if you're the smallest farmer at Creamery Creek)
- In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until browned and cooked through.
- Drain any excess grease from the pan.
- Add in the tomato sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stir everything together and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Toast your brioche buns and fill them with the sloppy joe mixture.
- Serve with pickles on top (if desired)
This recipe is a hit in our house and is perfect for large gatherings or a cozy family dinner. Plus, it's incredibly easy to make - all you need is a skillet and some basic pantry staples.
So next time you're looking for a filling and flavorful meal that the whole family will love, give our sloppy joe recipe a try. And don't forget to share your experiences with us in the comments below. We can't wait to hear from you!